Thursday, February 18, 2010

Digital Citizenship:Being Responsible For Your "Online Actions"

I think the most important aspect of this video is the simple fact that is shows people "digital dangers" of their digital citizenship. There are so many people out there in the world that are not responsible as far as what they put online, as well as how they put it. I think the various students did a good job showing the various dangers and consequences of what students do and or show online, as well as the dangers of DWT.




In my own experience, I had a family member who recently had their identity stolen by a "phisher" she realized that she should have been more responsible with her credit card info online. I think she might have been more careful if she had watched a video like this in which dangers are expressed.

In my own classroom I will implement the dangers of digital citizenship, especially when my students are going to have to use the Internet for research, etc. In the past i was assigned different things to do online with absolutely no forewarning, and I don't believe that was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment